Imagine being stuck in traffic on a 90-degree day when your vehicle’s air conditioning system takes a dump! With summer right around the corner, we recommend that motorists be car care aware and have their A/C system checked to make sure it is working properly. You can have your car A/C inspected at a local dealer, mechanic, or a A/C car specialist center in your area.
As the weather starts to get warmer, the last thing anyone wants to do it be hot under the collar in their vehicle when they are driving to work or on a family vacation. You need to make sure your A/C system is working properly and will keep you and your passengers cool and safe.
A vehicle’s heating, ventilation and air conditioning system (HVAC) keeps the interior cabin comfortable in any season by providing the right temperature and humidity level. Typical A/C service by a professional service technician consists of the following steps:
- The service technician will visually inspect hoses, lines, seals and other components for leaks as well as inspects the drive belt for cracks or damage.
- The technician checks the pressure to test operation, refrigerant charge and outlet temperatures.
- If the system is found to be low on refrigerant, a leak test is performed to find the source of the leak. Leaking refrigerant heats up a vehicle and damages the ozone layer.
- Refrigerant may be added, if necessary, to “top off” the system, although some states do not allow “topping off.”
- A technician may also check for evidence of refrigerant cross-contamination.
- An A/C service should also include a check of the compressor’s drive belt and tension.
If there is an issue found within the A/C system, and it requires a significant cost, be sure to get more than one quote and inspection. Different A/C repairs can vary by hundreds of dollars – make sure you do your research!
If you currently own a car, be sure you have car insurance. Car insurance can help cover you and your vehicle. For additional information on car insurance please feel free to reach out to us – we would be happy to help! Click Here